Thursday, June 30, 2011

First week HOME in Geneva

We stepped off the plane and went straight to FERME DE FEUILLASSE
to go raspberry picking with the Hiatts.  Thanks to my sister Alma we had a Swiss picnic ready
so we could spend the whole day playing.
We love being with family again!





The kids of course love being around family.  When my brother Chris came over to hang out with them, you would have thought a celebrity was over.  Lolo said Chris would come around 5pm, at 5:04pm Ethan was counting every second.


Family pizza picnic at Trembley Park...brother Mike and brother in law Tom joined after they finished work.  I love watching my kids play outdoors all day long b-c it is not as hot-humid as Singapore.




We took the tram into town (kids thought it was VERY cool that I got to ride the tram to school starting in 3rd grade) and hung around my favorite shopping area MOLARD.  We took the local MOUETTES GENEVOIS boats to cross the lake and just watch Geneva go by.




We headed for the Old Town to see our favorite corners.  Here is a restaurant where we used to eat.


This is 2 rue de la Valee where Mateo and I had our first apartment when we first got married.  The kids were VERY surprised that we had a life before they came into our lives.  It was a studio with great big windows and a tiny separate kitchen and bathroom. 


The Old Town is my FAVORITE part of Geneva living...we sure loved our time living there.  I think it would be kind of hard with kids though b-c everything is either up or down hill.


Lots of memories here at Place Bourg de Four with all my Ecolint friends.




Here we are at 30 Grand Rue where cousin Anna used to live when Ella and Anna were babies.



The city of Geneva hosts a GRAND end-of-school year parade in the city.  We watched the long processions looking for friends Claire and Jakob but we didn't see them....however, we did go for rides and treats afterwards with them at Parc des Bastions.




This photo cracks me up b-c you have a
SMOKING kids' clown.  So Euro!



We felt so lucky to be at Lisa's open house at her "work" where her art and jewelry pieces were showcased (all her paintings sold and not just purchased by my Dad!) and we got to see her perform in an art & dance musical number that was very inspiring. 



4 comments:

  1. So FUN to see your life in Geneva. Have a great time in Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun with cousins and fun reminiscing on your elementary school days in Geneva! I bet your kids LOVE seeing your old stomping grounds:) I want to visit Geneva someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun!! I'm so glad the kids did so well. I hope the rest of your summer goes just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delight to see your post about Geneva. It brought back so many memories with all of you!! I could smell the delicious raspberries, hear Ethan and chris on guitars, the little muggers running and jumping in the cooler air and feel the fun you were all having. Absolutely adored lisa's painting. Would she paint something for me on paper that could go in a tube??? I am so happy for her.

    ReplyDelete