Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ecolint 20th Reunion in Vancouver

It was a FANTASTIC week together with old childhood friends! I couldn't have asked for a better reunion.  Such a perfect mix of people.  I would have loved Katie and Amer there (and a few others) but it was just delightful that the six of us could get together - 
Mary, Matt, Sue, Jeff and Sharif.  

We started out with a Raclette dinner:


Sightseeing tour around Vancouver and Stanley Island:


Mary is the BEST hostess in her home, we have always shared 
a love for baking/cooking/entertaining:


I've been to Vancouver before (winter time with Amer) but the warmer
weather made Vancouver just a beautiful and stunning city:


My favorite moments were hanging out drinking tea, going over old photos, and looking up where others have ended up by finding them on FB.  I was totally in my element!
We laughed so much....we're totally planning on doing this again soon.
I


I can now understand why Mary and her family felt so comfortable when they moved to Switzerland - the beauty is very similar.  We went on a gorgeous hike:


 It's always all about food when I am with my Ecolint friends:



Mary and I met when we were 13 and have always remained close.  I loved spending time with her French husband Renald who is so cool and chill, and I am so excited that she'll be having her first baby next month!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip with the Ecolint friends. I love the backdrop on the picture from your hike--it looks like Switzerland! Now I want to go to Vancouver! Nothing is better than catching up with old friends because you feel so comfortable and relaxed.

    Glad you were able to sneak away to be there!

    ReplyDelete