Sunday, June 19, 2011

Firmenich Family Day @ Palau Ubin Island


Palau Ubin is an island just a few minutes ride from Singapore.
Firmenich hosted a fun family day, so we started 
out at Changi Jetty for our bum boat ride.





Here's Mateo giving out prizes for the lucky draw - it was so cool that you could win plane ticket vouchers, a massage machine, Wii console, and even in iPad (my kids were hoping for that prize)....instead we got 100 SGD vouchers for a yummy bakery.


There were lots of games and competitions, kind of like the Survivor Show:




The team that takes care of all Firmenich activities is REALLY great, they are very creative and enthusiastic.  Lunch was a cultural experience too b/c Singaporeans LOVE fried chicken wings (so do my kids actually), but every time they brought out a big dish of it, people would run up and plate up and they'd need even more.




The whole event was so kid friendly...lots of activities for older kids, and Zadian and Niko were entertained by a whole team for games, activities, airplane making etc.


There was a cooking competition too, using local seafood:



I thought it was so cool that people brought their spouses and children, but also brought along grandparents to share in all the fun!  That is so cultural b/c you really wouldn't get that in the Western world for any corporate parties.




2 comments:

  1. Love this last photo, honoring the Elders of the family. What a party!! At first I thought Mateo had to plan this gathering, but then I read that there is actually a committee! whew!!! I would have loved to hear what he had to say....too bad he didn't speak loudly enough for me to hear him!

    Really fun party...and I bet everyone loved being with you and the little Muggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I'm so happy you have a blog now so I don't have to miss out on any of thr Furner happenings.

    ReplyDelete