Monday, September 26, 2011

Phuket Family Fun!


Eight full days of pure fun and relaxation with my kids:


Ethan has always had a "thing" for nice hotels and resorts, 
he thinks it's cool to put the code in the lock, to wear the bathrobe, and order room service.  
He even notices that the bedsheets are a great thread count.




We fell in love with all the baked goods at Siam
 Cafe that our friends all raved about.


Highlight of the week was Jambu the 
elephant - we saw him every day and fed him bananas.
In all the kids' journals for school, they all wrote and drew pictures of our friendly elephant friend.
Niko has not stopped talking how 
Jambu had a bath in the ocean!



My creative Ella did not tire of all the crafts and activities.  In fact, every day w/ out asking me, she'd sign herself up with her brothers for all sorts of classes, painting, cooking, towel animal making, etc. She is definitely Sharon's grand-daughter!



The kids loved the free popsicles they made daily by the pool, the old-fashioned Thai way in silver containers in a bucket of salt water and ice.  It only took 45 minutes to freeze up.



The kids thought it was the coolest thing to get to our room by golf cart.  Brought back a lot of Hong Kong memories for me when we lived in the golf-cart community of Discovery Bay.



Pool fun was the BEST!  
This is the first year in my mothering that I could actually sit back and just watch the kids.  Not that Niko can fully swim, but he's close, and the kids do a great job watching him.





The beach was gorgeous, but the waves a little too rough to watch four young kids, so I was grateful when Mateo joined us mid-week and we could have a better parent-to-kid ratio.



When this little boy grows up, I'm sure going to miss his sweet little bear hugs!





My most favorite thing to do: watching the kids at play.





Oh Zadian my love, you are so easy to please!



I was hoping for a nice family photo shoot on the beach, but we were having too much fun.
How about a family photo with Jambu instead?








We loved the Marriott JW, it's perfect for families.
Lots of pools, beach nearby, great food, and a place with a washer/dryer and 
plenty of beds for us all AND we can have some meals at home.



And one photo from my iphone I want to keep, is the kids
crashed every night so easily after a full day of playing in the water:


4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! That last photo with Niko draped on Ethan is the BEST! This looks like such a great FURNER family vacation. I'm so glad you guys had fun. I love the bright colors of all the kids swimsuits, your red & Mateo's blue swimshirt, your pastries and Ella's desire for crafties.

    Next time you go back, Blake and I will come with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic week. It is a perfect week for kids and family time. Love love love all the fabulous photos. You're kids are so beautiful. The last one of them draped across the bed is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE all the pictures!!! LOOKS like way too much fun! Glad you enjoyed the 8 day break! That's my fav resort with kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well dear Sarah, I could write a book on this Thailand adventure....each photo just touched my heart. I wish I could comment under some of them. You always have a great photographic eye and get such wonderful, colorful shots...this was pure pleasure to enjoy, and more the once!! Love Niko's shorter hair, especially the photo with the wind blowing it away from his face. He reminded me so much of Mateo. The art is amazing. Did they have fans all drawn on and the kids painted them? WHat amazing art project and for Ella to sign everyone up is absolutely the sweetest thing ever. By the time she is a teenager, you will have no responsibilities at all, she will be attending to everything, maybe even bill paying. So glad Mateo could be with you part of the time. I know he would have made up for lost time. Love your red suit...you know how much I love red on you! Well here I am writing a book...sorry. But thank you for taking the time to get this together.

    ReplyDelete