Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hari Raya, Mooncake Festival, and More.

Here's a lovely unfocused Mama photo, planning on replacing it when
one of the blondes emails me a better photo...
I love Becky and Emily.  Love all our outings.  Even when they are DAILY!
Anyway, a VERY fun night at the Marina Bay Sands.
The Daynes family ever so generous, gave us extra tickets to see
the DISNEY LIVE show.  We loved it!  Great energy and entertainment.


Mike Daynes at "work" - I love how they fill up the seats 
with their family and a whole lot of kids from the neighborhood.


These two boys loved shouting out "we don't want any princesses!!"
That'll change one day....


I do so many outings with my girlfriends and our children.
I just love it when hubbies get to come along too!


We never miss it when Singapore Museums do special kiddie events.
Singapore Art Museum had a great one this year.
A room full of train tracks and trains - wow!


This is our THIRD mid-autumn festival in Singapore.
I just love the lanterns and lights of this celebration.
The Chinese Gardens had an exceptional show.





Mateo took the day off but the kids had school.
We have so much fun just the two of us I wish he could do this weekly.
Had a full day of brunch with Sloans, museums, neighborhood walks, french lunch,
and checking out Chinatown for the mooncake celebrations.


This mooncake shop had a huge line of people.
Had to buy a few for my mooncake-loving Ella.


Sentosa was celebrating Hari Raya with staff dressed up in Kebayahs etc.




You know Sentosa island is definitely for tourists, but we LOVE it there!
Buskers Festival was very cool.  I didn't know the word buskers, but I do
know what troubadours and street performers are when I see them.
Totally a Furner thing to enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. Gosh, how did I miss this posting with its fun celebrations...love all those Sentosa Island mosaic sculptures. Thank you for the memory!

    ReplyDelete