Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Music and More....

We're becoming regulars at the Indoor Stadium! Mateo and I went to Maroon 5 in concert. We loved being on the third row and feeling all the ENERGY! I think Adam Levin is a true entertainer! Totally enjoyed the evening w/ Mateo.


The kids aren't really fans of us going out and leaving them behind at night, so we switched things around and went out on a lunch date instead. We loved it and the kids were happy at home...we were able to try new-restaurant MOZZA at the Sands and attend the Van Gogh exhibit at the new ArtScience Museum. I love dates with Mateo! Mosh Safdi (the architect) also designed the Yad Vashem in Jerusalem so that was really special to see this museum. I love living in such a modern city that's constantly growing and changing.



Richelle Hobbs came into town! What a treat to hang out with her. She came to do some executive training for BNP. We were able to get together twice - for a beach day in Sentosa and for a girls night out in Arab Street. We ended up talking until 2am so I decided to have a slumber party at her cool hotel, have a quick brekkie w/ her, and head home to the kids just in time for them to wake up. I love that Richelle! We laughed soooo hard, shared crazy stories, and our usual "popping" about how extraordinary life is.
Just had to throw in this photo of us out for Thai dinner at the hip Jim Thompson restaurant with Dominique and Isabelle Graz (Mateo's Swiss boss visiting from Shanghai). Isabelle is an interior designer so we had to pick a restaurant that had great design (wow it did!). Food was fab of course and I loved hearing about their new life in Shanghai.


Another fun evening was a farewell party for Dave and Kathy Ramirez. Not that it was fun saying good bye, but it was special to have them for an evening with all the kids in Ethan's primary class. They have been wonderful, loving teachers to Ethan and friends for two years. Such a special season as these kids prepared for baptism. We had 30 adults and 40 kids at the British Club for swim and dinner. We will miss them so much, esp. Ethan. When it was time to say good bye on Sunday, Ethan threw his arms around them and got all teary eyed. I sometimes forget in all his "bigness" of nine, what a tender sensitive soul my Ethan is.

Ethan got our whole family into Justin Bieber. I saw JB in NYC last summer and I had NO IDEA who he was...Ethan is sooo into him we are always singing and dancing to his music. So for his bday I took him to the concert. He had a blast! I loved it too!



I can't really get Ethan to smile in photos anymore, b/c he's trying a new JB stud look:

1 comment:

  1. Boy that Ethan really has the JB thing down!!! Is he still smitten with him? Actually really like the haircut, looks super cool on him. This was a memorable birthday for sure. Great to see pix of Richelle...what a fun few days for both of you. Hope she is doing extra super duper good. I had no idea what Dominique looked like, wish you had more photos. I had him pictured a certain way in my mind, I was WRONG! Great you went to dinner with he and his wife. Now I have no idea who Ramoon 5 are...in the dark on that one. But the date sounded fun...smart to go in the afternoon for dates....good compromise.

    ReplyDelete