Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ethan (who thinks he's Justin Bieber) turns NINE!!! (a month early)

Ethan's birthday is April 24 but we celebrated a month early b/c it was the only time we could find a weekend w/ out a school holiday and/or guests visiting us. I love celebrating my kids! It was a special day for Ethan....for me as a mom it was extra special b/c I feel like we have overcome some "growing pains" with Ethan and we're on a really good roll with him. There's so much to love about Ethan but probably if I had to pick one thing it's that when Ethan is around life is a celebration and a party. Ethan is always SO ALIVE! He's been that way since the moment he entered the world....



We had 36 kids at Kids Amaze (a wonderful indoor playground). We ordered tons of pizza and lots of snacks....and for his cake Ethan wanted a simple vanilla cake and vanilla frosting w/ a photo of him with two lightning bolts. It was such a breeze of a party and we had such a good time!



Here are all of Ethan's buddies from school, church, neighborhood etc. One thing that has always come easily for Ethan is being a good friend to all. I admire him for always being so kind to his friends.


We rented a school bus to take kids from school campus to the location, Mateo said it was CRAZY high energy on that bus!


We always start the day with birthday breakfast, so here's Ethan with cinnamon rolls and opening one of his presents - JB concert tickets!!! He is so excited (I have to admit, I'm pretty excited I get to take him and see that cute Justin B in concert). Ethan always tries to brush his hair to look like him. I know, he's due for a hair cut!


3 comments:

  1. SAR-BEAR!
    Loved looking at all your recent posts!

    Great party with Ethan's friends. What a smart idea to rent a bus to take all the kids to the facility! And, he does look like Justin Bieber with his beautiful thick hair. Can you believe you've got a 9 yr old?

    And, I loved the pics from Switz too...it made me miss the snowy mountains in UT & skiing!

    Glad I can be in your Singapore BLONDE friend group...Blonde I am!
    Fun times.

    XO,
    Not So Plain Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! Happy birthday to sweet Ethan! Love the bus ride and the partay! You certainly know how to have a great time with those cute kiddos. And the Justin beiber tickets...my girls would be in heaven! Happy birthday Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was awhile before I realized (thanks to Mateo) that Ethan had a birthday party a month early. I know you would have sent the pictures, but it was during our "crises" time and so many important things were left undone. So sorry about that. But that is what is special about blogs, you can go back and pick up where you left off...Yes, Ethan is a very special friend to all...a true kind heart. We love him so much.

    ReplyDelete