Saturday, January 22, 2011

Elephant Encounters

We definitely made sure we got Howard and Sharon on an elephant in India. Sharon promised her yoga friend that she'd have the courage to get on one - and she did!


Jonna and I were to impatient to wait half an hour for another elephant so we opted to take a ride on one that was not saddled up yet. I never dreamed I'd be riding an elephant bare back, much tougher than it looks! We pretty much just clung on for our dear lives and LAUGHED so hard b/c it was so absurd.


We felt so lucky when we stumbled across these HUGE elephants all dressed up in gold for a Hindu Festival. It was quite the celebration!


Lots of excitement in the air with the drums, trumpets, dancing and chanting. I LOVE the energy of India! What a great way to end our trip! I'm sure I'll be back because I want Mateo and the kids to experience this incredible region.





1 comment:

  1. Surreal. I am amazed. Is this really the Sarah Furner we just saw in her comparatively docile habitat of Singapore?

    ReplyDelete