Thursday, August 18, 2011

Back to our Singapore LIFE!

Well we are officially back to our "normal" life in Singapore.
While we may miss the beautiful summer we had in Switz,
we sure do love our Singapore life.

Here's Mateo back at work w/ his team:


Mateo had time to take Ella for a haircut and shopping on Orchard Road - 
here she is with her new dress and summer scarf. 
After 3 hours of shopping, Mateo found her the perfect school bag 
(she wanted sling not backpack).  I think Mateo is the best Papa!



Here are the kids back to school, waiting for the school bus.  A big day for our family b/c 
Niko joins the crew at the Canadian Int'l School!  I didn't quite know what to do with my 
new-found free time.  I kind of felt like I should update my resume and start emailing people about possible part-time job leads (seriously!) BUT the first thing I did 
was say a little prayer of grattitude for a  beautiful ten years of 
pregnancies/babyhood/toddlerhood
....then onto organizing family life and getting a massage!


My sweet sweet Niko getting off the school bus around noon.  
He is so happy to go to ECE every morning!
Out of all the four he is the most ready to go.  
Quite the opposite of crying Ethan at this age in Paris halte garderie.


I was actually a little jittery when I took Ethan to the new campus for fourth graders.  It was HUGE!  There were TEENAGERS milling around.  He has a locker!!! (wow is he excited).  His first impressions when he came home made us smile.  He said there were no supervisors at lunch time making sure they all ate.  He also said after school there were no bus aunties to help them find their bus.  He said "we went on the REAL road and figure it out ourselves AND if you are not on the bus, they LEAVE you!"  Welcome to the real world my BIG BOY Ethan!  Did I mention that he has a sweet kind male teacher who has taught 4th grade for over 15 years?  Can I just say how joyful we are about Mr. Bain from Miami.  I signed up for room parent right away.



Debbie F my dear friend and a dental hygienist extraordinaire squeezed 
our whole family in for back-to-school cleanings.  My kids had such a 
positive and fun experience!  We're going to miss her when she moves back to America.



Best part of Singapore living for me?  Wonderful friendships! 
Breakfast brunch with the Blondes!  
Really fun to catch up and swap summer stories.  
We all had the best summer travels but we are all happy to be HOME again.


There are so many things I love about Singapore.   The way the country celebrates 
their National Day is so impressive!  So much national pride.  
We took the kids to Marina Bay for ice cream and to see the crowds:



Mateo took the kids home so I could join Debbie F and Jennifer/Kyle for special tickets from Marina Bay Sands Hotel to see the parade, musical extravaganza, military planes and the fireworks.
It was a really great night of celebration!  I LOVE Singapore!  The theme song touched me...
all about how the country has one heart and it is one family.




2 comments:

  1. Ella looks so sophisticated and grown-up. What a lucky little girl to have a dad who will take her shopping. So happy to see you are settling back into Singapore life. And so happy your kids all got good teachers and that they are settling into school nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome photos. My fav are the last one with you Debbie, Jen and her hubs AND the one of your kids first day of school (minus Ethan? Where did he run off to? That was me with Mads on first day of school too!) Love your kids, your fam and Singapore!

    ReplyDelete