Monday, December 24, 2012

My two favorite Christmas traditions

What would Christmas be without our Ella as Santa Lucia?
 

Now we have TWO girls in our family to celebrate this wonderful Swedish tradition from the Furner family.
 


Oh Lulu we just love you so much:
 

Life is magical with these five kiddies:


A new tradition this year - going to the Swedish Church to celebrate with poems, songs and prayers for Santa Lucia - followed by all the Swedish goodies:




Christmas gingerbread house decorating is probably the kids' all-time favorite craft...
sharing the tradition with our Indian friends Sanjay and Anita and their darling kids Uma and Siddarth...Ethan had Ben over, he's English and he said, "I can't wait until I tuck into this treat!"








2 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread houses are the BEST! And your little santa lucias are so beautiful. I'm glad you found the one at the church. I think I'll try those saffron buns next year. Did you taste one? I've wondered if they are good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom says that candy castle is his favorite. Such an awesome lump of goodness. Love Santa Lucias at your house, and the batman in the middle of it all!

    ReplyDelete