Thursday, January 19, 2012

Phillippines - Birthdays and more Gatherings


Here I am with cousins Luchie and Ate Poching, I feel like writing she or he is my 
FAVORITE cousin, but really, truly I'd be writing that under each caption of my cousins 
- they are the BEST!


Bettina turned TWO and we had a party at Luchie and Beng's home...the highlight for my kids was playing "pabitin" game (below), hand glitter painting, and eating Filipino cotton candy which is sprinkled with powdered milk, it actually tastes REALLY good!


Ella with cousin Michi.


My mom's older sister Atsing Mickming stopped by from Pamganga (laden with delicious sumans for me) and with Ate Jeng Jeng.... lovely to see more de Castro relatives. 
I don't speak their dialect, but I love listening to it.


Here's our last night with all the de Guzman clan and my new favorite restaurant ABE's,
best halo halo in town!  Tita Mercy and her crew were there to join us.




The thing is with relatives, we may not see them all the time, but we sure LOVE them,
and I was so sad to hug everyone good-bye...we all made promises to reunite soon.
I feel lucky to be living in Asia so I can hop over to Manila so easily.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you got all your photos together on your blog. Beautiful memories of your days there with family you don't see that often. I would love to visit your country some day...that would make Asia complete...

    ReplyDelete