Thursday, January 19, 2012

Philippines - a day in La Mesa Dam like the olden days


We spent the day in La Mesa Dam Reservoir for a laid-back day in nature.
We loved the relaxed feel of the Philippines of olden times.


The kids really enjoyed the horse-back riding and the "kalesa" ride.


A highlight was fishing in the little pond, even if we caught nothing.


The kids counting their worms.  With three boys, I just have to 
pretend I'm not grossed out or else they will taunt me.


Hiking up to see a view of the Reservoir.


My cousin Ethel and her family (who live six hours away) came to spend the day with us at La Mesa, it was wonderful to catch up with them b/c Filipino style, relatives and friends just show up with no warning or appointment so I'm glad we were available that day. 
Ethel is my warm and loving cousin with whom I have so many
childhood memories with b/c her family lived in our home.


Ella loved being with spunky cousin Zoe (Ethel's daughter).



Visiting with relatives under the shade of a "nipa hut"


My kids with the de Castro next generation of cousins....


2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I have seen so many pictures of your country and all of your relatives. Sarah how in the world do you keep it all straight????? Your children fit in so beautifully. You could all locate to the Philippines and be content....well until the travel bug got hold of you.
    The country is so lush and green....the relatives a beautiful berry nut brown...just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your Philippines adventures. You all look so happy and relaxed. It's great for your kids to live their maternal heritage with their grand-parents and loving aunt. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete