Saturday, October 15, 2011

Malaysia Road Trip - Malacca Heritiage UNESCO town


I love the city of Malacca, I've been there with Jonna for the day, and I've been wanting to return to take the family.  The Puri Hotel (above) is a gorgeous Peranakan Boutique Hotel that I'd highly recommend b/c it's in the heart of the city.



Malacca Town Square and Christ Church 
both have beautiful Dutch influence.


Bike ride tour of the city is the best way to see Malacca.


  
Cheng Hoon Teng Chinese Temple,
oldest temple in Malacca (17th Century)



Malay Heritage Trail -
kids learned how cooking was done in old Malay style



Porta de Santiago - Portuguse ruins are situated on a hill so the kids enjoyed running around.


Fun on old Portuguese Ships at the Maritime Museum.


The night market on Jonker street was just 
right in front of our hotel - 
perfect sightseeing trip!


2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures from Malaysia. My favorite were the Cameron Highlands. Such beautiful green mountains! I want to take that drive too. It looks so fun to be in some cooler temps. I also want one of those waffles from the strawberry plantation...even if it may be a tourist trap, it still looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I might take up biking, if I could be driven around in such a fancy-nancy cart!!!! Sure beats the ones we saw in Cambodia!!!! The fountain in the town center is gorgeous. Looks very Parisian..... Say, maybe Daniel could work there on the ships? smile!

    What a wonderful trip you all had, so fun to know you can manage all in one car and come home smiling. Surely beats long waits in airports!!!!! Thank you for sharing all the wonderful adventures you had on your road trip with the Four Muggers.

    ReplyDelete