Sunday, May 8, 2011

Why I love Mother's Day


I love Mother's Day b/c the kids get so darn excited to give me whatever gift they have made. I love that the kids can write now and can share what is in their hearts! Here's a gift from my Ella Paris:


On mother's day, Jonette and I got together b/c both our hubbies are away on biz trips. We all had a great time lunching, hanging out, going to the park, and our big present was a boxful of wonderful, happy children!



We did celebrate with Mateo early...he always does a great job with celebrations. Mateo and the kids surprised me with paintings of their favorite activity with me...cute Zadian painted us bowling and I only did it once with him b/c my thumb starting hurting but it meant so much to him, sweet boy. Mateo wrote his usual love letter, always the highlight of any celebration for me, and we went out for Swensens Ice Cream and shopping...Mateo gave me Hot Latin Dance classes - and he's joining me!!! How fun & creative is that?!

2 comments:

  1. Ella is a good artist! Has your mother in law been teaching her?

    I love the HOT latin Dance classes...How are any of our hubbies supposed to top that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great moms day story!! Cute Ella did a fabulous portrait!! Pretty sophisticated to draw a smiling face with teeth! Can you post the other kids drawings?? That Mateo does such a great job of expressing his love and admiration for you!! You both will swing. Cha cha cha!!!

    ReplyDelete